Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Website Security!

Hello, everyone! It's me, the friendly nerd, again!  ;)

I have just completed upgrading the security for Ole Frog Eyes, AND creating new functionality for Snoodles to use as the member administrator. She's really pumped!  :D

What this means for you is that now we can address customer issues and requests with lightning speed! Zooming across cyberspace to answer the call! Stopping at nothing to ensure that our customers are happy!!!

Well, actually, I would stop at one thing . . . I won't let you have my fresh, hot, delectable rye bread Snoodles baked today. I'll do anything for you, but that!  :D  I wish you could see it!!! The butter is just . . . smooshing . . . melting . . . the aroma is sooooo --- [faints]


Huh? Wha? Oh --- I'm back!  ;)   Boy, that bread is good!

On the technical side of things, I should let you know that certain browser and antivirus combinations don't play well with secure web sites. In my experience, using Vipre antivirus (my favorite) and Internet Explorer together makes them tend to throw hissy fits when trying to communicate with a secure site.

If you encounter any problems with the new site format, please, let me know! In general, just using a more advanced browser fixes everything. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari just love it! It even makes them add some fancy icons and colors to the address bar --- see?


Internet Explorer does it, too --- but we have Vipre installed on our computers, so we don't get to see the secure connection icon in Internet Explorer. Cyberspace is complicated!  :)

Thanks for reading the tech update, and please, let me know how I can help!

Edited to add note from Snoodles: There is a giveaway going on at Green Fairy Quilts.....Judi and Clint are raising money for their mission trip to Romania. If you would like to donate, or even if you don't, there is a nice giveaway of fabric! They raise all their own funds for the trip - let's help 'em out, OK?! Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making OleFrogEyes a safe and secure place for us to play, sweetie! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)